Tile in Northport, AL
When choosing tile, consider a flooring store near you. At Wheat’s Carpet One Floor & Home in Northport, Alabama, we carry tile products that match just about any style, and our flooring professionals can help you choose a unique tile.
Are you looking to enhance your space with tile? Keep reading to learn more about this versatile and unique flooring option.
What Are the Best Types of Tile Today?
When choosing your flooring, it’s a good idea to consider the type of tile flooring before installing it.
We offer three common types: ceramic, porcelain, and natural stone tile.
- Ceramic Tile is excellent for kitchen backsplashes and interior walls. Because it is made from recycled materials like clay and is kiln-fired at a lower temperature, this tile is considered lightweight compared to the other types. Ceramic helps insulate walls and floors, which can lower utility costs.
- Porcelain Tile is made from the same materials as ceramic. It's known for its durability and non-porous benefits because it is kiln-fired at a higher temperature. Porcelain is resistant to heat and heavy traffic, making it the right choice in areas near ovens, fireplaces, and entryways.
- Stone Tile offers a classic look that adds a touch of luxury to any space. Stone materials include marble, granite, slate, and travertine. Natural stone tiles are heavy and durable so you can install them inside and outside your home.
Which Type of Tile is the Best One For Me?
Tile flooring can generally be installed nearly anywhere, including outdoor spaces.
Since tile is straightforward to clean and design, choosing a custom look for your space is easy. Not sure which tile is right for you?
Here are some pro tips for selecting the right tile every time :
- Are you looking for an outdoor tile? Choose a natural stone or a porcelain tile. However, any tile option will work if you’re installing a tile floor inside.
- Want to update your bathroom or kitchen? We recommend purchasing a tile option that offers some texture - this will help prevent slipping.
- What about wall tile? Have some fun with this tile! Install a tile with color or a unique design to offer a focal point or enhance the space.
- Finally, for walkways, pool areas, and fire pits, we suggest paver options, concrete materials, or porcelain tile for outdoor living spaces.
Can You Help Me Plan My Tile Installation?
We install a wide range of tiles and will take the time to prepare your space and order the products needed to complete the desired design for your project.
What can you expect from your upcoming tile installation? Here's a brief overview of the installation process:
- Removal of the original material; underlayment
- The installation of new materials: setting materials, underlayment materials, field and deco materials, trim and grout
- Depending on the project, the materials and grouting can take up to 2 days or more.
- We generally focus on preparing and professionally installing your flooring with your satisfaction in mind. We offer a variety of warranties for all of our flooring options, including tile.
So, Where Can I Shop for the Best Tile Flooring in Northport, Alabama?
As a member of the Carpet One cooperative, the largest co-op of independent floor-covering stores in North America, we can offer a local selection of premium flooring brands. Plus, as a locally owned store, we can compete with big box stores thanks to our Carpet One buying power.
Wheat’s Carpet One Floor & Home has all the best flooring brands and exceptional service. As your local flooring store in Northport, AL, we provide a full range of options, including hardwood, tile, luxury vinyl, laminate, and carpet.
Ready to invest in your tile flooring? Please view our online selection of premium tile brands or visit our showroom at 51 McFarland Blvd, Northport, AL 35476.